A good tip: I made a rough drawing of the kitchen as to the cabinets. On the paper I numbered each cabinet. Where the hinge was going to be screwed in on back of the door, I put the coordinating number with a marker. This made it sooo easy to remember which cabinet door went where. I removed the hinges since I was replacing. I sanded, a lot of sanding. I then painted the cabinets. I let dry, sanded lightly,then re coated. They still looked plain to me. I wanted to add molding to spruce it up a bit. My neighbor let me borrow his Miter Saw. If I would have done this with a miter box, it would have taken me a lot longer. This was the first time I used a miter saw. It was so easy to make the cuts. I purchased lots of molding. There are so many styles to chose from. I made the cuts, working on one cabinet at a time. I used wood glue to attach the molding. I then followed with finishing nails. I used wood filler to patch the nail holes.
I made mistakes doing the molding…sure…but I finally figured it out.
What a difference new color, molding, and hardware make!