There are some things I bet you didn’t know you could put in a dishwasher.
No, not your furry friends….although the doggie is doing a pretty good pre-wash…hehe, just kidding.
So here are some things you just might not have known.
You could just hose off your dustpan, or to get it really clean, stick it in dishwasher. This is a great idea if you spilled something sticky!
I usually dust them with the vacuum, but to get them really clean… dust them off and stick them in the dishwasher.
Cars Cup Holders
Those gooey, crusted car accessories really clean up well in the dishwasher. You know how filthy they can get…right? Usually you can pop these plastic insert out and pop them in the dishwasher also. Put them on the Gentle Cycle, and when finished they come out looking new.
Putting toys in the dishwasher will not only de-goo them, it will also sanitize them.
Let’s Not Forget Our Furry Friends Toys
I do this weekly with my doggies toys it will also sanitize them.
Take the key ring and hang it to a peg on the top rack.
Kitchen Sponge and Brushes
I stick mine in on the top rack everytime I run the washer.
Glass Light Fixtures
These ceiling light fixtures get so filthy. Lots of times you will find little dead insects in your glass lighting fixtures outside. Just stick them in the dishwasher, it gets them nice and clean.
Bathroom Trash Can
If you have a small plastic or glass trash can in your bathroom, why not sterilize them Put them face down on the bottom rack in your dishwasher, the same time you clean your sponges.
Sometimes these knobs get so grimmy and greasy. Stick them on the top rack in the dishwasher when you wash your sponges, grills, trash can, etc.
Terra Cotta Pots
A lot of gardeners like a weathered patina on their clay pots, but if you don’t clean your pots between plantings, diseases and pests can ride along and harm your new plants. Terra-cotta pots and saucers can be washed in the dishwasher on a gentle cycle. This gets them ready for your new plantings.
Do you want more?
- Put your golf balls in a mesh sack and put them on the bottom shelf.
- To help keep the cap’s shape, put it on a coffee can before sticking it in the dishwasher. Make sure your dishwasher doesn’t have bleach in the detergent.
- Silicone oven mitts come out so clean in the dishwasher. Put them in everytime you do a load. It keeps them germ free.
- Did you know you can clean your hubcaps in the dishwasher. Just add a cup of white vinegar to the detergent you normally use.
- Keep your athlete healthy by sanitizing his mouth guard every day on the top shelf of the dishwasher.
- The plastic guards for your electric hair trimmer can be put in a mesh bag and thrown in the top rack to remove bits of hair and oils for the scalp.
- Your shower puff can get gross if it isn’t cleaned regularly. Put it on the top rack during a gentle cycle.
- If your scrunchies or ponytail elastics are getting a little grungy looking, you can pop them in the bottom of your silverware cup and hold them down with a spoon so they don’t fly out during the wash cycle.
- CNET reports all of your most-used tools can go in the dishwasher. That’s definitely the easiest way we can think of to remove all that dirt and grease. “Wrenches, pliers and screwdrivers tend to get a sticky, greasy feel to them. Put them in the dishwasher on the hottest cycle with your normal detergent.
- Window Screens
- Flip Flops on top rack
- Refrigerator shelves and drawers across the bottom
Hardware on your cabinets getting grungy? Take them off and put in the utensil rack. Keep your screws from the hardware in a baggie or small tupperware so you don’t lose any.
What do you put in your dishwasher? Besides the dishes!
If you didn’t read about my giveaway….you will find it here: https://wordpress.com/post/kelleysdiy.com/21528
just click on this: a Rafflecopter giveaway
No tweets, follows, or whatever…just click above and add name and email address.
I’m so excited!