A friend and I were walking the doggies when I came across this broken fountain on the curb.Knowing I could use it some way, I took it home. It’s resin so it wasn’t heavy at all. In the morning I checked it out more thoroughly. The pump didn’t work, the wires were cut, and top piece of fountain was broken. This is what it looked like:
I live in the desert and I have lots of succulents in and out of the house. I purchase the succulents when they are very small in the tiny containers. Like 2″ pots. The price for succulents this size isn’t so high, and I know they will grow. I purchased this soil knowing I was going to transplant some of my plants.
After I cleaned up the fountain, I put some small rocks into the bottom of the fountain for drainage.
I mixed up the soil with some water in my wheelbarrow. I then added the succulents. Then I added some color and sparkle with the gems.
I think it came out nice…As they grow too big for the fountain…I will move to a bigger space. I didn’t cut the pipe in the center that was on the fountain originally. It’s kind of off centered in the bowl….I was thinking of putting my butterfly dish on top, but it broke while I was trying to affix it on the pipe…ugh!
I love where I put it. There is a Iceberg rose in back of the fountain. It just had dozens of fragrant blooms…yummy!