I love Christmastime! I know…it’s not that time of the year yet….First we celebrate Thanksgiving here in the USA. Truly, I couldn’t help myself….I just had to share this idea with you. It is so easy to do, and you only need a few supplies to complete.
- Trim image in a circle to fit the globe back.
- Lay your trimmed image side facing UP on your craft mat.
- Squeeze a generous amount of Photo Transfer Medium onto a foam plate. In smooth strokes, apply the medium over the image. Apply a thick coat so that you cannot see the image. Cover the entire image. Carefully bend the craft mat back to release the image corner. Pick up the image and move to a clean part of the mat. Let dry 24 hours.
- After your photo has cured for 24 hours, flip the image over so the paper side is facing UP.
- To reveal the image, press a semi-damp sponge over the image in sections and let the dampness set for two (2) minutes. Then rub over the wet paper in a circular motion removing the paper. Repeat until the image is completely revealed. Let dry.
- Repeat rubbings may be necessary in parts where the paper is still adhered. Let dry.
- Place on the backside of the globe ornament and smooth in place.
- Partially fill the ornament with chunky glitter.
- Add Silver cording for hanging.
- Add Collage Clay over image around to front of the ornament to create a snow look. Let dry.
- Paint Extreme Glitter over the dried Collage Clay.
Supplies you will need:
Mod Podge ® Collage Clay is a lightweight whipped clay available in 2 colors, Pink & White. Use to embed decorated Mod Mold embellishments to create fresh and fun decoden or kawaii projects. Dries permanent in 24 hours. Use on any surface.
Add extra sparkle to your next Mod Podge project! Build up multiple coats for glitter effect. Cleans up easily while wet with soap and water. Certified AP non-toxic; waterbase.
Create decals or appliqués from any original photo or artwork with Mod Podge Photo Transfer Medium. Applies to hard surfaces. Hand-washable on fabric.
Flat and clear globe ornament
½” (One-half inch) flat brush